christmas gift guide: mother

My mum is always the easiest person on my present list to buy for as I know that she is so appreciative of anything that I would get her and she is also the person that I always want to treat more than anything because of everything she does for me. That is why I have compiled this list of gift ideas for mothers, in case any of you are stuck on what to get this Christmas!
One of the most lovely things that I know my mum would really love is something from Jo Malone. Personally, I think of Jo Malone is such a special brand and is something that I definitely would never buy for myself. There are so many different things that you could get from Jo Malone but I think I would get my mum one of the candles as these are one of the slightly cheaper things that they sell coming in at £45 which I know is still super pricey but for the amount that my mum does for me, I definitely think she deserves it!
Another fragrance related gift that I would think of getting for my mum is a perfume of some sort. One that is really popular and feel would be the kind of present that a mum would like would be Sí by Armani. A beautiful limited edition version of this has been released and it has very subtle sparkle in it which is perfect for the festive season. This ranges in price depending on the size but I believe the smallest size is £73, however you can buy the normal edition for cheaper in a slightly smaller size.
One thing I know that my mum loves receiving is things from The Body Shop, they're also great if you're on a slightly smaller budget. There's such a great range in the gift sets that they do which means that there is something that everyone is going to like and something that everyone will be able to afford. I have picked out two of the different sets that they do, these are the £6 treat set and the £20 festive picks set, these come in a lot of different scents so if this is something that you think would be a nice present then I definitely recommend going in and having a look at what there is!
One of my mums favourite shops is Accessorize and I know so many other people I know around my mum's age that love so much of the jewellery in there. Me and my sister tend to get something for my mum from here every year because they always have lovely ranges and often have 3 for 2 offers which is great if you are wanting to get some gifts for a few people. I have picked out this beautiful stone necklace which is £10 and I know my mum would absolutely love.
If you are wanting to go a bit more out there for a present then I think a great thing is a Kindle or other type of e-Reader. I have found that my parents generation seem more likely to own and use Kindles than people my own age. Both my parents have a Kindle and absolutely love them, as they often go on holidays and can't take many books (due to weight) so this is a great thing for them and I feel like so many people would appreciate one of these. The one I have included here is the Kindle Fire 7 which retails at £49.99 but Amazon have offers on all the time with their own products so you can quite often grab them at around £35-£40.
My last gift idea is a more personal one which is this beautifully simple mother and daughter necklace, the whole idea of this is one circle is larger than the other to represent the constant link between a mother and daughter. I think this is absolutely beautiful and is a much more thought out gift. I found this on etsy for £27, there are probably similar versions that you may be able to find that are cheaper but I just think this is so dainty and lovely. 

I hope this has really helped you if any of you were stuck with what to get for your mother this Christmas, there are so many other ideas but I thought I would limit this post to these 6 items. I still have a couple of Christmas posts that I'm planning on writing so keep an eye out for any new posts!

bethany x

Comments