christmas gift guide: boyfriend

Obviously everyone has slightly different ideas on what to buy for people in their lives, however it is sometimes really difficult to think of some ideas or if you're really stuck then a gift guide is the perfect thing to look at. The gift guide I have decided to post today as the next post in my Christmas series is for boyfriends.
So the first thing that I've put in this gift guide is the number one thing that I know my boyfriend wants this Christmas, that is the Nintendo Switch. This is a fairly new console from Nintendo which is super portable and easy to play with friends. These can be bought alone or in sets with games which work out at a lot better value. The console alone can be bought for £279.99 and various bundles are available from £300+. This is a great thing to get for anyone really but I have put it in this gift guide as I know my boyfriend and so many other guys I know love gaming so this is a top thing to get for someone who you are wishing to spend a lot on this year.
Another more expensive gift that is in this guide is a watch. I think a nice watch is something that people never buy for themselves so is perfect to get as a gift. I have picked out this Rotary watch, which is still a very nice brand but isn't too expensive compared with other brands of watches. This watch in particular tends to retail for £175 but there are often many offers on Rotary so I have seen this watch go down to below £100. 
Something that me and my boyfriend always talk about getting is a record player. One that we both really like is this one from ION as it's this beautiful light wood colour with speakers which means that the sound on this will be really great. The price of this is £79.99 but once again, this is often on offer so it's a great thing to keep an eye on if you are looking to get one. There are also often offers in HMV etc. where you can then get some discounted vinyls when you buy them alongside a record player which is really good as that is something else that I would get for someone if I were buying them this gift. 
Recently, I feel like DVD's and Blurays have been becoming more popular again. Although they're becoming more popular again, most people just buy normal editions of things, that is why I think it is so lovely to buy special editions of films for people when you know it is something that they really love. For example I love the shiny editions of Disney films and I have discovered these steelbook editions of Star Wars that I know my boyfriend would absolutely love to have (even though he already has all the films in different editions). These are really nice to give as a gift as they seem to be about £20-£30 dependant on where you buy them so they're not something you would normally buy. 
Another thing that I know my boyfriend loves receiving as a gift is comics, as once again he doesn't tend to buy them for himself but I know he loves reading them. There is a great array of different comics that you could get for someone but I tend to go towards the Marvel or DC comics as there are so many different ones but I normally go into HMV to have a look at the different ones they have in there. 
One gift that I have seen a lot this year is these personalised star maps, I think these are an adorable present idea as you can set it for any location over any date so is a perfect gift for your partner as you can do it over any special date in your relationship which I think is lovely. These vary a lot in price and the cheapest that I have managed to find is £20 but it's a present with so much more thought in it. 
Buying some form of fragrance is always a great gift idea and my favourite mens fragrance at the moment is the Gucci Guilty one which I think is such a lovely scent. The smallest size of this fragrance is around £50 but Boots often have very good deals on fragrance so it is definitely worth looking there to see if they have any deals on!
One present idea that I am loving at the moment is experience day gifts. There are so many websites where you can buy experience day packages (Virgin experience days is a very good place to look). However you can also arrange experience days yourself, especially if you know there is something that your partner really wants to do and you want to arrange something that you would enjoy doing together. Some of the best things I've seen online that I know my boyfriend would love are stadium tours and virtual reality experiences. Another typical experience package for couples is spa days so there are so many different varieties of these available. 

That is it for my boyfriend gift guide, there are probably so many other things that you would be able to think of more specific to your partner but I hope that this has been able to help you with some initial ideas if you are stuck with what to buy this Christmas. I still have a few gift guides to still come your way on the build up to Christmas so keep an eye out for those!

bethany x

Comments