what i got for christmas 2018

Another Christmas has been and gone and of course I want to share with you what I received this year. I didn't really want much this year because I feel like I'm reaching an age where I prefer to save my money to buy myself certain things rather than ask people for them. I absolutely love seeing what people receive though so thought that I would share with you what I got this Christmas as well! As usual I do not want this to come across as me bragging but I just love to share these things with you as I know I love reading them as well!
Of course it's not Christmas without receiving quite a lot of chocolate! As usual I got given quite a lot of chocolate from various friends and family and of course I will be slowly demolishing all of this in an attempt to eat it in time to start eating healthily in the new year!
One of the things I really wanted for Christmas this year was a reusable coffee cup because since starting university I have been drinking so much coffee and not only does this mean that I save some money on coffee but also that I am helping to reduce the amount of waste from going to coffee shops, so I am super happy about receiving this cup from keepcup which I created myself so I would super recommend getting yourself one of these!
Because of course this is me, I received some books for Christmas. These were both from 2 of my best friends and the first one is the novel version of Dear Evan Hansen which I am so excited about because I fell in love with this musical at the beginning of this year and as it isn't yet on the West End I cannot wait to read the novel. The next book is A Darker Shade of Magic which is the first book in the Shades of Magic trilogy which my friend had started reading and knew that I really wanted to start reading as well, so I'm super happy about receiving both of these!
I knew I didn't really need any new makeup this Christmas so the only makeup bits I was kindly gifted was my favourite mascara which is the L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll waterproof mascara and then my Aunt very kindly got me a new Kat Von D Tattoo Liner as mine was drying up a bit and it is this incredible gold edition which is absolutely stunning so I am in love with this.
Another thing that I really wanted this Christmas was a new Tangle Teezer as these are the only hairbrushes that don't make my hair go staticy and actually detangle my hair. My mum got me this beautiful lilac coloured one as well so I'm so happy with this!
One of me and my friend's favourite bands are Mayday Parade so she got me this mug with one of their album logos on so I was so happy with this especially as it's such a nice simple design.
The other classic at Christmas is of course socks. I am normally very boring with my socks so don't normally receive any but this year one of my friends got me these Friends socks which I love because we have managed to form our own group where each of us has become a Friends character which is so funny. I also received these fluffy socks from Boux Avenue from my sister and these are so lovely compared to my normal cheap Primark fluffy socks so I am so happy with these.
Something my mum completely surprised me with was this new phone case from Skinnydip which she knew I was hoping would go into the sale after Christmas. If you haven't read my uni update then you wouldn't know that I was involved in a car accident and my phone case has been broken ever since so I was hoping to get a new one in the sales after Christmas but my mum is an absolute angel and got me this adorable one.
Something I love to get every Christmas is new skincare. Some of the items I received this year were my normal items but my mum did also kindly get me a new set from No7 which if you didn't see, was actually on my Christmas Wish List so I was so happy to get this as I really want to try some new products and try and treat my skin better. 
If you didn't know this about me, I have always been a massive Harry Potter fan so it's not surprising that I got a few Harry Potter items this Christmas as well. The first thing was a candle from one of my best friends as we are both Ravenclaws and this candle is meant to be the scent of the Ravenclaw Common Room so I can't wait to burn this whilst I'm still home from university. The second item is a Hogwarts notebook that my dad bought which is something really nice to receive from him as he doesn't normally get presents like this for me so this made me super happy as well. 
Something else my sister got for me was this little set from Boux Avenue in a gorgeous blackcurrant and violet scent and I can't wait to use this once I've used up Christmas scented body washes!
My mum also surprised me with a towel turban because every time I go into Primark I try and find these but she found this one from Soap & Glory so that I can finally stop looking!
This year I started making a scrapbook dating back all the way from 2014 because I had so many photos printed off that I never seemed to look through so putting them into a scrapbook really made a difference and I have loved putting pages of this together so my parents kindly got me a new book this Christmas as I have almost filled up the first one!
Another thing that I was so happy to receive this Christmas was a new dressing gown because mine is quite a few years old now so my mum got me a new one which is so nice and is definitely being left at home rather than being taken to uni with the possibility of being ruined! 

This is most of the things I received for Christmas this year, I didn't want to share everything with you but these were the main things that I got this year. As I mentioned, there wasn't really anything I particularly wanted this year so just got a few small bits but I was more excited about coming home and spending time with my friends and family as I don't get to spend as much time with them anymore. Also me and my boyfriend spent money on a day in London earlier in December as neither of us had much money left so we did that and are planning on buying each other a few little bits after we've both been paid as we are both working again over the Christmas break because we weren't fussed about having to give each other presents. I hope you have enjoyed this post though because I love seeing what people have received!

bethany x

Comments