natural blue eyeliner look

Being more adventurous with the colour of my makeup is something I really want to try out at the moment and recently I bought a blue eyeliner to start trying some brighter looks out. I am keeping my makeup looks with it fairly natural because I am not too confident with going all out with bright colours all over my eyes so if you are wanting to wear some more colour but are unsure what would look good then I've tried to do a look that would suit beginners with colour - just like myself. 
I started off this look with my base products, I wanted a more dewy look so I decided to use The Body Shop BB Cream which I love because it adjusts to the colour of your skin which I think is a great idea. Then I used the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer because I'm really loving this at the moment, I then used a small amount of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which has always been my favourite powder but I only used a small amount because I wanted a more dewy look but I didn't want to be really shiny. 
I used the contour colour from my Sleek Face Form palette which if you read my blog regularly then you will know that this is one of my all time favourite products. I also used the rose gold blush from this palette which I really love to use in the summer because it has a sparkle in it which adds a really lovely glow to your cheeks as well as some colour. I then used my Mary Lou-Manizer from The Balm because this is the best highlighter I've ever used which works really well when you want a really glowy, summery look. I used this on my cheekbones, brow bone, on my cupids bow and on the inner corner of my eyes. 
I then went on to use the shades Sin, Naked and Buck from my Naked palette. I firstly put Naked on as a blending shade to help combine the two other shades together. I then put Buck through my crease to add some definition to my eyes. I then used Sin all across my lid, this colour is a pale pink shimmer colour which I find really nice to use on my lid. I then blended all these together to create a natural eye look because the main focus was meant to be on the eyeliner so I didn't want too much going on.
The blue eyeliner that I got was featured in my last post which was a haul and it's this bright blue one from Rimmel, this only cost £5.99 and there were so many colours like this in both liquid liners and also pencils that I tried out before buying this one. I think this is one of the best eyeliners I've ever used because it just applies to thinly and easily so you could have a really thin line or build it up to be thicker. I prefer my eyeliner to be thiner but I think this is the perfect product for people who struggle with eyeliner because the felt tip really helps to be more accurate with the application of the product. They do also do this eyeliner in black and also white which I would love to go back and buy and experiment a bit with the white one because I feel like this could create some really interesting looks.
I really like this look because although it is starting to add more colour to my makeup it is still fairly natural and easy to wear. I recently wore this up to London and to a concert and I felt really confident with it rather than going straight in with a whole coloured eyeshadow look which could put some people a bit out of their depth. I would like to try some more brightly coloured makeup looks so am looking into investing in some Makeup Geek Eyeshadows because I've seen reviews of these and the colour range seems amazing and they're only just over £4 each so once I get some of those you will definitely see them appearing in some makeup looks on here. I hope you've enjoyed this blog post and I hope it gives you some ideas of how you can easily wear bright makeup. 

bethany x

Comments