split travel diary

Out of everywhere, I went whilst interrailing, Croatia was definitely my favourite. It is such a beautiful place and so relaxing there, it's also such a great value place to go to which makes it even better in my eyes. This was one of the places that we had the longest time because we knew it was going to be one of our only beachy places and chances to relax more, so we wanted a few days of doing this.
  
 
One of the best things that you can do whilst in Split is go on a trip to see the waterfalls. There are two main national parks with waterfalls in Croatia but the closest one to Split is Krka. These waterfalls are absolutely beautiful and there are so many trips that you can find in the town that go there. I had prebooked my trip on Trip Advisor for about £25 and this included the transport to the national park and you could then either join a guided tour once in the national park, or just go around on your own. You do have to pay entrance to the national park but this works out at about £10 so it is a really good value trip. Unfortunately when I went you were unable to swim in the area in front of the waterfalls as the currents were still too strong but they tend to allow you to swim from June - October. There are so many things that you can do whilst at the waterfalls and there is an actual trail that you can follow around the national park so that you don't miss anything which I think is great.
 
 
In Split you will find that there are 2 main beaches, one of these is a pebbly beach and the other is the main sandy one. I visited both of these and I would definitely recommend the sandy beach more! There is the sandy front to the beach and then there is a concrete wall going around where you can also set up your towels and sunbathe, there's also so many cafes and bars along here that it's also a great place to go in the evening. From what I saw whilst at this beach, you do need to rent sunbeds if you want to use them but I just laid my towel out on the ground and there are many people that will also just be doing this. The pebbly beach is a lot quieter if you would prefer this and, of course as it isn't sandy, the water is a lot clearer so it is also a very nice beach.
One of my favourite things to do in Split was walk around the old town. There are so many beautiful buildings and there are so many restaurants that you definitely won't be lacking in places to eat! Within the centre of the old town there is also an underground market which is a really interesting place to go, especially as some of these underground tunnels have been used in the filming of Game of Thrones.
The entire harbour of Split is such a beautiful setting and sitting in some of the cafes and bars opposite the harbour is such a relaxing area of an evening so I would definitely recommend sitting in one of the areas along the harbour and watching as the sky changes colour during the evening.

That is it for my travel diary for Split in Croatia and this was honestly one of my favourite places that I travelled to and I would recommend it to anyone as it is such a relaxing place and is also such good value. I hope you have enjoyed this post and are still excited for the other travel diaries I have coming up.

bethany x


Comments