collective haul (primark, asos, waterstones)

Over the past month, I feel like I have gone on lots of small shopping trips and I have realised that I could put all of these together to do a collective haul for you all! A few of these things were in preparation for my holiday, but when I went into Primark they were starting to get their autumn stock in so I couldn't resist buying a few bits. There are also quite a few books in this haul as I am really getting back into reading after the reading slump that I have been in for the last few months.
The first things I'll tell you about are what I got recently in Primark. The first thing is this striped bandeau top which I think is so lovely and perfect for the heatwave we are in at the moment. The colours of this are really nice and helps to make you looked tanned which is great! This was also only £3 so it's a super good price in comparison to other similar tops.

The next top that I got in Primark was this striped bodysuit (seem to have a thing with stripes from Primark). This is a fairly thick fabric so you can tell that this would last a while as it is a higher quality product from Primark. There is also this zip detail at the front which I think really adds to the look of the top and this is just so simple yet is something like I've been looking for for a while now. This was £6 so once again really good value as it is slightly better quality compared to some other items from Primark.
As I mentioned, Primark are starting to get some of their autumn stock in and I couldn't resist picking up a few bits. The first thing that I got was this purple/burgandy corduroy skirt. I have always looked at skirts like this and I saw a poster whilst in Primark of this skirt with a turtle neck and fishnet tights and I fell in love with it and because it was only £8, I knew I couldn't leave it. I'm really looking forward to how this is going to look when it comes to autumn.
Another thing for the colder months is this pink top and when I saw this I loved the colour so much that I couldn't not pick it up! This is such a simple top that I know I will get so much wear out of it which is great especially as this was only £6.
Something that I got which goes so nicely with the pink top is this checked dungaree dress. I have been wanting a dungaree dress for the longest time and have just never found one that I like for a good price. I really liked the look of this one and when I saw that it was only £10 I had to get it! I have so many tops that would be great to wear with this so I'm sure I will be wearing this a lot once it starts to get a bit colder.
I've never been a massive fan of different socks and tend to stick to plain black ones, however I couldn't resist these Friends themed ones. These look so cute poking out of the top of my converse and it just adds a little extra thing to an outfit. You may know that I am a massive Friends fan but Primark had so many themed socks that I'm sure you would be able to find something like these themed on something that you like! I got this pack of 3 for £3.50 so a bit more than my normal black socks but thought it was about time I mixed it up a bit!
I also couldn't resist picking up some new slipper socks when I saw them in Primark. They are these cute Minnie Mouse ones and what I really like with these is that they are a slightly thinner material so that they are nice to wear when it's still a little bit warm but you just want to be cosy. These were £2.50 which I think is actually quite good for Disney themed cosy socks as they normally cost more than the normal ones.
As some of you may know, I am moving to university in September so I have started to pick up a few things and Primark is the perfect place for that! I was looking around the homeware section when I saw these lovely tea towels for £3.50. Super boring I know but as some of you may be around the same stage in life as me I thought I would include these in case you wanted to know where you could pick some up!
Another thing for university that I picked up in Primark was these over the door hooks as these will be very good when I am lacking space in my dorm room. This is a pack of 3 for only £2 so I think that was such a good find as a lot of the time you can only find decorative ones that cost a lot more.
I have really been wanting some more t-shirts recently and I really liked this one that I saw in H&M. I think the embroidery on this is really nice and when it's either tucked into a denim skirt or tied at the front it looks really nice on a sunny day as the material is fairly thin so is great when it's a bit warmer. This was £8.99 so I think that's quite a good price for a top with embroidery on as these are normally a bit more expensive.
As I am going on holiday soon, I also thought I'd pick myself up a new bikini and I saw this one in H&M and really liked it. One thing that I really liked about this was that each one was slightly different but all with the same sort of pattern. It turns out that me and my sister both actually bought this so we're definitely going to be twinning on the beach! This bikini top was £12.99 and the bottoms are £8.99 but I didn't actually pick these up.
As I didn't pick up the bottoms for that bikini top, I decided to get some plain black bottoms. However, most of the ones that I could find were very very tiny and I just don't feel comfortable being that exposed! I was searching for some online and came across these ones on ASOS. They are actually from Missguided but for some reason were £2 cheaper on ASOS, making them only £6. Once I got these they were slightly smaller than I was expecting but they're not as bad as some of the others that I've seen. I am thinking of only wearing these on days where I am just sat by the pool or beach tanning as I don't feel that comfortable wearing these outside of my hotel complex, but if you do then go for it!
Whilst I was on ASOS I decided to look at some of the other things on there and came across a square neck top (originally from Pretty Little Thing) which I have been considering buying for a while. As this was only £5 I thought I would put it in my basket as it is perfect to either wear casually or on a night out. This turned out to be a bit thinner than I was expecting, but I know they do have thicker ones on the Pretty Little Thing website.
As I decided I might as well spend some more on ASOS to get free delivery, I decided to check out the sale items and came across this beautiful checked crop top. This has thick straps and a zip at the back which I think just adds lovely detail to the top and it was something a bit different for me so as it was £9 I decided to get it and I have already worn this and completely love it!
Something else that I have decided to try recently is Invisabobble hair ties. I have always heard people say about how great these are at not leaving kinks in your hair if you have been wearing it up all day/night and that sounds great to me as I always tend to put my hair up at night. I decided to go with the slim ones and got a pack of 3 clear ones for £5.99, this seems like a lot for 3 hair ties but I thought I might as well give them a go and see how I get on, especially as these will be great for my holiday.
One makeup bit that I have picked up recently is a new NYX Brow Pomade as I have never found a product that I like as much as this on my brows. However, my pot is finally running out so it was time I picked up a new one. My previous one lasted me almost 2 years though so these are definitely worth the money for £6.50 and I also use the NYX Brow Brush for this as well and I find that it works so well!
Now, I said that there would be quite a few books in this haul so I'm going to start off with some that I got in a charity shop. I picked up 4 in Oxfam fairly recently and these were: Call Me By Your Name, Fangirl, The Loney and How To Stop Time. These are all books that I have thought about reading before so couldn't turn down getting them when they were £2 or less. I found that all of these were in excellent/brand new condition which I think is so good and you should definitely look in some charity shops if you are wanting to get some cheap books as you can find some almost brand new books in there and the money you are spending is going towards a good cause as well; it's a win-win.
Every summer you will find that book shops will have some kind of offer on as a lot of people will be out buying books for their holidays. When I went into Waterstones recently, they had buy one get one half price and I got tempted to get a few that were in this offer. I picked up Leah on the Offbeat which is following the same characters that you first meet in Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda which I read earlier this year. As well in the offer I picked up The Cruel Prince which is another book that I have had on my book list since it came out. A book which I picked up that wasn't in the buy one get one half price offer is Wonder Woman, I think the idea of popular authors writing stories of the DC Icons is really good as they are all well known authors who have all had popular books or series.
I have also picked up a couple of new books from Amazon as they had a 2 paperbacks for £7 deal so I got One of Us Is Lying and Alex & Eliza which once again are both books that I have had on my book list for a while. I am planning a few more book related posts so I hope that you are open to that idea!
Although I have just bought all these new books, I have also recently got my hands on a Kindle. I have always said that I wouldn't want a Kindle as I love having a physical copy of a book, but as I am going to university to study English I know that I am going to have to read a lot of books and it may end up being easier to have these on a Kindle as I won't have the biggest amount of room in my dorm room. I managed to get this on offer making it £70 which I know is still a lot of money but I am sure that I will get a lot of use out of this over the next year and that it will last me a long time.

I hope you have enjoyed reading this as I thought I would just share the things that I have purchased over the last month as I suddenly realised that it was quite a few things and I love seeing hauls myself! I am still posting all of my travel diaries but I thought that as there are so many I would split them up a bit with some other posts.

bethany x

Comments