everyday makeup routine

Hello again everyone! I have never really done any makeup looks on this blog and if I have I don't really think they were that good so I've decided to write about my everyday makeup routine today.

Firstly I will use my Rimmel Stay Matte Primer, I have been using this a lot recently as it is a thick creamy primer which I have found works well with my skin. I can't go without using a primer. Another one of my favourite primers is The Body Shop InstaBlur primer which I have loved using a lot before but it also costs a fair bit more than the Stay Matte one which is why I tend to use this one on more of an everyday basis rather than the InstaBlur.
The foundation I then go in with is the Bourjois Healthy Mix, this isn't the highest coverage foundation, which at the moment I need a better high coverage yet light weight foundation (if anyone has any recommendations then please let me know), but this foundation makes you so glowy and healthy (as the name would suggest) that I can't help always using this!
 The next product that I use is the L.A girl Pro Concealer, I started using this after seeing Jasmine Clough use it and I loved how it looked on her so I looked into getting it myself. I have loved this so far and I only use this for under my eyes but I feel like it does a great job and I will continue to use this until I find anything I like more, but I would definitely recommend this. 
 If you've read any of my recent blog posts then you would know how obsessed I am with the L'oreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Palette. As a lot of you would've expected this is what I have been using on an everyday basis ever since I bought it. 
 Although I normally use the highlight shade from the contour palette, I only use this to sharpen my contour. Once I've used the contour palette I will then get my MUA Undress Your Skin highlighter and use this on the top of my cheekbones, on my nose and on my cupids bow. This is one of my favourite highlighters that I own, it's so well priced and is also such a great product which really does add a nice highlight to your face. 
 Next, I will use my favourite blush which is Desert Rose from MAC. I got this last summer when I went on holiday and I wasn't really sure what to get when I was there but once I swatched this blush I fell in love with the colour of it and it is my most used blush. I would definitely recommend MAC blushes to anyone because I think they are so lovely!
 Once I have finished all my face makeup I will go over with a small amount of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder which I feel like everyone owns! This is great just to mattify your makeup and help to hold it in place for longer. Because I don't want to completely matte my face I don't use too much of this and this doesn't cause a problem for me because it's not like I need my makeup to stay on for hours on end.
 The next thing I will move onto is my eyebrows and if you read my February favourites then you will know that I have recently been using the Brow Satin by Maybelline. I think this is such a great brow product and the colour match is perfect for me! 
 I will then go in with using my Urban Decay eye primer potion as this will just help to keep my eyeshadow on. I always use an eyeshadow primer if I'm not going in with a cream eyeshadow because it will help it stay on and will also stop it from creasing. 
I have recently been doing the same eyeshadow which I have really been liking, to create this I use the w7 In The Buff palette, I use the white shade all over my lid and then in the crease I use a dark copper/brown colour and then I'll blend this out.
I don't do the next two steps every time I do my makeup but I decided to today. I then go in with this copper eyeshadow from Revlon which I love so much! This is one of the best copper shades that I have as it is so bright and I really like it. I will put this is the outer corner of my eye and blend this out until I think it looks right. 
The other step that I don't always do is to take a pointed shadow brush and the colour Buck from my Naked palette which is a matte brown shade and just apply this to the outer corner of my crease just to create some more definition to my eye. 
It's a necessity for me to curl my eyelashes as my eyelashes are naturally so flat that if I didn't curl them then it would look like I didn't have any. To keep my eyelashes curled I need to use a curling mascara and my favourite one to use for this is Roller Lash by Benefit. This sample size is running so low now and is also older than I should probably still be using it but I am saving up the money to afford the full size version because this is honestly my all time favourite mascara. Sometimes I will then go in with some liquid eyeliner but I decided not to do this today as I was happy with how it looked without the eyeliner. 
To finish off this look I used my MAC lipstick in Whirl which is a dark brown matte colour. I have been using this a lot since I bought it at the end of last year as I find it so easy to wear as it's not too dark but it still gives the look a little more than a normal nude colour. 
This is the finished makeup look and I have been wearing this so much recently. I really hope you have enjoyed reading this blog post and please let me know if you want me to write more makeup looks. I'm not the best at makeup, as you can see from this post, but I have learnt all I know from blogs and YouTube and I think I look okay so I'm happy with it. 

bethany x

Comments