books i want to read this year

My books to read list is something that is never ending and so many people would be able to tell you that I am constantly wanting new books. However, I am determined this year to be able to get through some of the books on my list that I really want to get through, especially as I have set my reading challenge on goodreads to 50 books this year!
One of the books I am desperate to get to at some point this year is The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris as I know so many people that have read this and have said it's one of the best books they read in the past year. I finally bought this recently so can finally read it and I want it to be one of the first books I actually get to this year! I don't actually know too much about this book other than that it is about a man who is a Jew and given the job of tattooing his fellow prisoners at Auschwitz but I cannot wait to see where the story goes. 
Another book that I have been meaning to get to for ages is Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyami which is another book which has been praised so highly by so many people! What I can gather from this book is that it is about an African tribe who used to have magic which was taken away from them leaving very few who still hide their magic. The idea of combining magic with traditions of African tribes interests me so much and I am so excited to get round to reading this!
The Cruel Prince by Holly Black is another highly raved about novel which I am hoping to finally read this year. This is another book I don't know to much about other than that it involves fairies and a girl who was taken to the High Court. I don't want to know too much about this book before reading it but I have heard some quite mixed things so really want to read it for myself and see what I think. 
A series my friend has been trying to get me to start for such a long time now is The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Once again I don't know too much about this book or the series in general but I fully trust my friend's recommendations and she absolutely loved this series so I have been wanting to start reading it and having her constantly remind me will definitely get me to read this. 
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern is another book which I have been meaning to pick up for the longest time. This book is meant to be very mystical about a circus that arrives at night and the fates of the people involved in the circus and I have just heard so many amazing things about this book and it has been on my list for such a long time now that I would love to finally read it! 
A classic that I finally want to read this year is The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Ever since the film came out of this book I have been desperate to read it and so many people have said that this is some of the most incredible writing they have ever read which excites me so much. The whole thought of reading about the roaring 20's also excites me so much as this was such an amazing time in America and I love reading things which I know something about and having studied America in this time before it makes me really look forward to reading this book!

I'm going to leave it there for now as there are so many other books that I want to read this year but these are some of the books that I really want to be able to get to! If you want to keep up to date on what I am currently reading then please follow my goodreads account (beths98) to know what I'm reading. I am hoping to post more about books this year as it is a massive part of my life and I am wanting to post a lot more lifestyle type posts this year which includes this sort of thing. I hope you have enjoyed this post and if you haven't had anything to read then hopefully this has given you some ideas of some books that I am really looking forward to!

bethany x

Comments