top 10 netflix shows

I have been watching shows on Netflix for absolutely years now which means that I've managed to get through a lot of the shows that they have on there. I would also say that I have watched a great variety of different genres of shows so I thought I would share my favourite 10 shows that are on Netflix.
One of the first ever shows that I started watching on Netflix was The Vampire Diaries. I ended up taking a massive 2 year break from this show and went back to it earlier this year and finished the entire show and remembered how much I loved it. This follows a whole town that is full of different mythical creatures and how the main circle of friends deal with all these different people appearing in their town and how these things have happened before. The levels of drama in this show are above anything I've ever watched and at some points you do just have to laugh at some of it but you get so sucked into the show (no pun intended). 

A show that is similar to The Vampire Diaries is one that I'm sure a lot of people have watched, and that is Pretty Little Liars. This show has always had so much hype around it which is why I'm sure a lot of you have probably already seen it. The show follows the lives of 5 girls and how one of them ended up disappearing and their lives started being threatened by 'A'. As the show came to a close, I will admit it was becoming a bit too samey and I feel like they made the right decision to end the show when they did but you will definitely get pulled into everything that goes on during the show and will be left wondering what is going to happen to them next. 

Moving onto one of my favourite Netflix Original shows, I couldn't not talk about Stranger Things. This is another show that has received so much hype across the two seasons that it has been out and it has definitely lived up to the hype. I have watched this show as it's been being released and I've absolutely loved it. I enjoy the setting of the 1980's and the whole sci fi theme and the children are such talented actors! The show revolves around a boy named Will disappearing and a strange girl appearing in the town. 

Another Netflix Original is Jessica Jones. This is a Marvel/Netflix production and I am a fan of Marvel so I was so excited when Netflix first started producing new Marvel shows. Jessica Jones is definitely my favourite though, Jessica works as a private investigator but also has a lot of issues in her personal life and with that, she gets dragged into a lot of cases involving other people with special abilities. This is such a great show but it is one that I definitely wouldn't recommend for people who are younger!

Of course one show that I couldn't not include which has recently been added to Netflix is Friends. Friends is an absolute classic and I have honestly watched it non stop since it got added to Netflix at the start of the year. If you have managed to go about your life never hearing of Friends then it is about 6 friends whose lives are intermingled and follows the dramas that they go through in their late 20's and early 30's. I could not recommend this show enough because it will always lift my mood and I love all of the characters so much. 

Another cult classic show that you can find on Netflix is Gossip Girl. When I first started watching this show, I didn't expect to like it too much as it just seemed like too much drama and over the top for me but I got pulled in straight away! Gossip Girl is all about the lives of the elites on Manhattan's Upper East Side and the scandal sharing blogger 'Gossip Girl'. There are so many twists and scandals in this show which makes me love it so much and it's the best thing to watch when you just want to chill. 

A slightly different type of show is Designated Survivor. This show was recommended to me earlier this year so I started watching it and absolutely loved it. Tom Kirkman is the designated survivor when a massive attack on the president and most of the Cabinet happens and he is suddenly propelled into role of president having no previous experience. This gives so much detail on the issues that can effect a country and the running of it and what I love most about this show is that it remains a focus on the personal lives of the characters, rather than just focusing on what Tom Kirkman does as president. 

Another great comedy that is available on Netflix is Friday Night Dinner. I have watched this since it was first shown on Channel 4 in 2011 and it has recently received so much more attention which it definitely deserves. The show focuses on a Jewish family who all eat together on Friday night, however there's always something else going on which causes problems to the dinner and honestly doesn't even stop me from laughing. I find that this show is a crossover of Outnumbered and The Inbetweeners so it is so funny and I really recommend you all watch it when you want a good laugh.

A stranger show that I wanted to include was Black Mirror. Each episode of this is completely different but they all give some kind of moral warning about society which makes it so interesting and I love all the seasons that they have made so far. I can't really say much more about this as they are all so different but I definitely recommend you have a watch. The first 2 seasons were made on Channel 4 before Netflix then produced the following 2 seasons. Some of my favourite episodes are Entire History of You (season 1), White Bear (season 2), Nosedive (season 3), Arkangel (season 4) and Hang the DJ (season 4). 

The final show that I'm going to recommend for you if you haven't seen it already is Sherlock. This is such an amazing show and I must've rewatched it so many times! There's so many different mysteries throughout the show and I love trying to figure things out alongside watching. Unfortunately not all of this is on Netflix but I would recommend watching the 3 seasons that are on there, the episodes are also like mini films so it's great if you don't want to worry about having to change over to a different episode. 

So there's my 10 recommendations for you of what to watch on Netflix! I know I have missed out on a lot of popular shows but this is because they are all on my watchlist that I hope to get round to at some point! If you do have any suggestions of what I should watch next though please let me know as I'd love to hear what shows you think are worth the watch!

bethany x

Comments

  1. So many of these are favourites of mine as well. I have to agree with what you said about Pretty Little Liars though-- it dragged on a bit too long and became a bit too predictable. Friends is great though! That show could've continued on forever, and I probably would've been fine. It's my favourite show to watch before bed. Lovely list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's great to hear some positive feedback!

      Delete

Post a Comment