where have I been?

You may have noticed that I haven't posted anything since the start of February and if you have been keeping up to date then you would know that I am on a gap year so would've been intending on posting more on my blog in this time. I wanted to update you all on what's been going on in my life and why I haven't been posting more in the last couple of months. 
At the end of last year I was working 2 jobs and was really enjoying what I was doing. However, one of those jobs was only a seasonal job so by the end of December I no longer worked there. Then in January, I was made redundant from my other job. This meant that in the space of 2 weeks, I lost both of my jobs and suddenly was doing nothing. If you are at all aware of work and jobs in general, then you would know that January is the worst time to be looking for a new job. This meant that for most of February I spent days on end doing nothing, and this led me to completely lose motivation to do anything. However, I am now working in a pub and also do some cover work in a different shop just to tide me over until I go travelling. 

That is my next subject to tell you about. In just over a month, I am going interrailing around Europe with my best friend for 6 weeks. I have been spending a lot of my money booking the different things for this and have also spent a lot of time planning what and where we would be going. My boyfriend is also travelling at the moment around Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. He decided pretty last minute to go away with his friend for this so it meant that our travels overlapped meaning that we wouldn't see each other for a few months. This has been super hard for me as we spend quite a lot of time together so once I had got over not having a job I was sort of pushed back down by this.

Ultimately that is what I've got to update you on as to why I haven't been posting at all recently. I had a whole list of posts that I was planning to write but had just lost all motivation to do anything. I am thinking of writing a post going a bit more into detail about how I have dealt with being made redundant to help anyone going through something similar. I also have a lot of posts that I am wanting to post so I will definitely be back now and you can also expect a lot of travel posts once I am back from my travelling. 

I hope you understand why I have been away and that you're looking forward to seeing some more posts from me soon!

bethany x

Comments