collective haul (topshop, primark, pretty little thing)

If you have read my recent post then you would know that I am going travelling soon. I haven't been on a sunny holiday in a while either so I needed to pick up a few new things ready for when I go away. This haul doesn't actually include any of the things that I am buying specifically for my travels (eg. travel bag, toiletries) but if you would be interested in that then I'll be sure to write a post ready for when I go away! I have also included links for things that I can find online in this post for if you see anything that you like so you can find it easily.
So one of the first things that I got recently is something that I've had my eye on ever since I first saw it in store. This is a beautiful red denim skirt from Topshop which I am completely in love with. I'm not normally one to go for coloured denim but as soon as I saw this I really wanted to get it! This was £29 which for Topshop I didn't think was too bad. I did have to size up with this skirt as it was quite short but the size up is a little bigger on my waist so I will probably wear a belt with this.
Topshop Skirt
I also picked up a few pairs of light flowy shorts to take travelling with me as these will be light for when I'm carrying them around and they also dry quickly as I won't be spending longer than about 5 days in each place. I love wearing shorts like this with simple crop tops in the summer as I find these so much more flattering on me than denim shorts. All of these were very well priced as I got them all from Primark. 
Also from Primark I got this nice red and white off the shoulder top. I'm really liking this style of top at the moment and being able to find this one in Primark for just £4 I was really happy with! This is super stretchy so if you were between sizes then I would recommend getting the smaller size as it will definitely stretch. 
I have wanted to find a nice light grey bodycon skirt for a while but I can never find one the colour I want, I then saw this one in Primark and it was also on offer for just £2.50 so there was no way I was leaving without this! I'm also really impressed with this as it isn't see through at all which was my only concern with buying a skirt like this from Primark.
I have also started going to the gym a lot more recently in preparation for my travelling to feel more comfortable in myself and since I have been going more, I wanted to invest in a few more gym clothes which is why I picked up these black leggings from Primark as I have been looking for some plain black leggings and these ones were only £10 which I think is amazing as these are fairly thick so you know that they are going to be good quality.
Every year I tend to buy some sunglasses from Primark as I know that they always have lovely styles and although I know that they don't always necessarily last more than one summer they normally last me for at least spring until autumn and then if there are new styles the next year then I know that I haven't spent loads on some sunglasses the year before. I had to throw a pair of my sunglasses from last year away and I absolutely loved those ones so was so happy when I went into Primark and saw that they were selling the same ones again this year! These were only £2 as well so I'm super happy with these.
For all my jumpers and jackets I have a clothing rail in my room and for a while now I have wanted to buy some nicer hangers to have them all on, rather than just on various different hangers from different places. I just think this would look so much better in my room and I wanted some grey ones as that is the same colour as my curtains and some of the other accessories in my room. I had been looking in TK Maxx for a while but they always seemed to be broken when I looked at them so when I saw they had some in Primark I picked up a pack as they are only £4 so I have been so excited to put these on my rail instead! 
On recent nights out, I have realised that I don't actually own any going out tops that are long sleeved, so even though we are meant to be going into spring it is still quite cold meaning that I wanted to pick up a new going out top. I got this one which is just plain black but it crosses over at the front which I think is such a lovely simple detail which just makes the top completely different and I really love it. This was only £10 which I think for a going out top is really good.
Pretty Little Thing Top
I tend to buy a lot of my underwear in Primark as it is such good value, however I was quite disappointed by the range that was in there. This meant that I headed to my favourite underwear shop, Boux Avenue. I absolutely love all the pieces that they have in there and compared to other stores such as Victoria's Secret is such good value (yes of course it is still about £30 for a bra but I find that is very normal). I got this beautiful bra from there after the wire broke in one of my favourite bras recently. This was £28 and they do offer student discount so I find that they offer such good value and are so comfortable, and it's nice to treat yourself to some nicer underwear every now and then.
Bout Avenue Bra
I am only about 5' 2 so I normally can never buy midi or maxi dresses which is always really disappointing, however in H&M I spotted this striped dress which comes down to about my shins which I really love. I think this is just a great every day dress which you can either dress up or down so it so versatile, especially if you are going away and are limited on what you can pack. This was only £8.99 as well so it is great value. It is also ribbed and quite stretchy so I think it would be great for anyone! However, if you are taller then this may be more of a normal length dress for you as even on the website it is shown as shorter.
H&M Dress
I always find that I never have enough t-shirt style tops for before summer is properly here and I saw this stripey top in H&M and absolutely loved it. This was only £3.99 as it is considered one of their standard t-shirts which is great value. I also got this in a medium rather than a small so that it is slightly oversized when tucked in to jeans or worn under a pinafore dress.
H&M Top
I seem to have a bit of a thing for red at the moment as I also got this plain red dress from New Look. I absolutely love the look of this as it is just so simple but looks amazing on. They also sell this in grey which I think I'm going to have to go back and buy because I just love the simplicity of this dress and it was only £8.99 so once again is a great price for a versatile piece.
New Look Dress
The last thing that I got ready for my travels is a travel razor. I have seen these before but have never seen the need for one as normally I go on holiday and stay in one place the whole time but as I am going to be moving around a lot then having things in travel sizes will be great. This also comes in its own little travel case which is so handy. This was also on offer in Boots when I bought this so it was only £4.99 which is a great price for a reusable razor!
Venus Snap Razor

That is all for my haul and I understand this is quite a lot but I have been saving money to buy some new summer clothes ready for when I go travelling and I am so happy with all the pieces that I got as I know I will get so much wear out of all these things! I hope you have enjoyed this and if you would like a haul of all my other travel items that I buy along the way then definitely let me know and I will be happy to do that for you!

bethany x

Comments