blind date with a book

One of the worst things about how many books I own is how fussy I am about the covers - I will purposely spend more on a book when I find a beautiful cover and will search down nicer copies of books. This is so terrible as I have heard so many great reviews of books but I won't want to buy it as I don't like the cover that much.

This is where blind date with a book comes in, this is a website where you can purchase a book with just a few brief descriptions of what is included in the plot. Each book is wrapped up so you can't see the cover which makes you buy the book because it interests you more than anything else. For people like me this is such a brilliant idea and when I first saw it I was so excited to order one and see what I would get from it.

Not only is this a great idea if you are fussy with covers like myself, but it also helps to introduce you to books that you may otherwise not have glanced at. I think this is great as it opens you up to more authors that you may really like and I love discovering new books that I haven't heard of previously and seeing how much I'll enjoy it.
There's so many different sort of genres that you can choose from on the website which means that it is suitable for anyone to buy from. They tend to pick books which they think have missed the publicity that they should've received which means that they are normally really great books. They are also packaged so brilliantly, the wrapping is so carefully done and you can tell how much care has gone into each item.

The other great thing about blind date with a book is that some of the books are unique so there may only be one copy of a certain book which I think is great as it shows that they're always introducing new books and changing what is available on the website.
These books are also available in selected Waitrose stores so if you are unable to purchase one online then it is definitely worth taking a look in a store near you to see if they stock them! The shipping is international thought which is super great and is also really quick (within the UK) so I really can't recommend this website enough!

I hope you have enjoyed this post and I hope you like posts more like this as these are things that I really enjoy posting as it's something that I'm interested in.

bethany x




Comments