easy halloween looks

Seeing as Halloween is literally around the corner, I thought I would show you some easy Halloween looks for when you want to go as something scary rather than just dressed up (which personally is what I prefer to do for Halloween). Most of the makeup in this post are things that you would already have so they're fairly last minute looks. 
 The first look I have to show you is this vampire one. I was more so inspired by The Vampire Diaries for this one since I have done the classic veins under the eyes that are seen in this show, however, I could definitely do with some practice on this so I would suggest that you maybe try this out beforehand. 
The first thing that I did for this makeup look was apply the lightest foundation that I own so that I appeared paler. Normally I would also apply concealer under my eyes, but as I didn't want to be too highlighted I left this step out. 
I contoured fairly darkly to make my cheekbones stand out more to give a very gaunt look. As I didn't want a glowy highlight I went in with my white powder from the Revolution Ghost Sculpt to apply all over my face but more so on my cheekbones. 
I then went in with my eyeshadow and I chose to use the shade Tease from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette all over my lid. I then darkened this in the crease by using the shade Blackout from the same palette and blending this out. I thought I'd add some purple to this as well as it wasn't quite the colour I wanted, so used the shade Burlesque from Makeup Geek. For under my eyes, I used some black and also used the shade Pumpkin from the Soph x Revolution palette and after I had done this, I took a bit of the shade Pumpkin into my crease as well to blend this together a bit more. 
I used my normal black eyeliner which is the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and then added some mascara to my eyelashes. 
To add the veins under my eyes I originally took a red lipstick on a small brush and drew the lines out. I found this quite difficult as the brush was making the lines slightly too thick which meant they didn't look as great. However, I then added some fake blood to the lines to make them stand out even more and this worked quite well and created the look I was after. I think if I was to have more practice at this then it would turn out even better and that I would maybe add some black or purple in with the red to make it slightly more realistic. 
I filled in my brows as normal with my NYX brow pomade but just built it up a bit more to make them slightly darker. As always I also went over my brows with my Maybelline Brow Drama to hold my brows in place.
For the lips, I wanted a dark colour, so I used the lip liner from the Makeup Revolution Kiss Of Death lip kit and blended this into my lips slightly before going over it with a dark red lipstick from Rimmel in the shade 01. I then just added some drips of fake blood that I got from Wilko to make it seem more like a vampire. 
I am thinking of using this look for a Halloween party that I am going to, however, I am thinking of buying some stick on fangs to make this look even more impressive.
My second look is a half skeleton which was originally going to be a full skeleton but I ran out of white face paint! This is a look that I've seen so many people wear because it's a Halloween look without going too far as half of your face is sort of like ordinary makeup. 
The first thing I did for this look was to cover half my face in white face paint. I wanted to try out some white foundations that I know a few brands have come out with for Halloween but I couldn't actually get my hands on any of this so I settled for normal face paint. 
I then got a black eyeshadow, I used the shade Nightmare from my Soph x Revolution palette as I knew I would be using a lot of it so didn't want to use one of my high-end palettes for this black. I put this all around my eye to create an eye socket. I then drew out a nose with the eyeshadow and filled that in as well. Once I had done both of these I started outlining some teeth which I think is the most difficult part to try and get it realistic. I think this would've worked better if I would've had a bright white to then colour in the teeth. I drew a few other lines around my face, just to give some more of a skeletal outline and also to add a sort of cracked effect. Once again I had some issues with the fact that the brush I was using was making some of these lines a bit too thick.

I just did the other side of my face as some normal sort of makeup that I would put on but used brighter colours to make it stand out a bit more against the skeleton on the other side. 
I think I would prefer this look as a whole face skeleton and also to continue with the spinal cord down my neck as I think that this would help to add a bit more to the look.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and it has helped you with some looks that you may like to use for Halloween. 

bethany x

Comments