back to school

Unfortunately it's that time of year again where the amazing summer we've all had (hopefully) is over and school is starting up again. Luckily I don't go back to college until the 15th but I'm sure many of you have already gone back, possibly today. Recently I've been buying some new things for school that I thought I would share with you as even if you've already gone back this might give you some organisation ideas and just help you get through the year!
 My first tip is to have a planner, I don't know what I would do without a planner because I write everything down in here: what blog posts I'm planning, when homework is due, when I'm working… etc. This is a really great way to help you stay organised throughout the year and you can get some really nice looking ones in WHSmiths/Paperchase. I got this one from WHSmiths for £8.99.
 I found these pencils in TIGER and I couldn't not get them! Firstly they are such beautiful colours and they also have really cute words on each one such as: for writing anonymous letters, for invisible messages, for doodling. There are different phrases on each pencil and I just think that they're so cute and will motivate me more to do work because I will be using nice pencils. These are normal HB pencils not coloured ones if anyone was wondering.
 I desperately needed a new hole puncher since my old one was so old and didn't really look that nice so I found this teal coloured one in TIGER for about £2 so picked this up to make sure I have all my work in one folder to make it easy to find it all. 
Of course I then need a folder for each of my subjects and I found a really nice pastel blue one in Wilkinsons and this is a really big lever arch folder to keep all my english work in and then I also have one for media and photography as these are the subjects I take. I got a different colour for each of them so I don't accidentally pick up the wrong folder.
 Because it would weigh a lot to carry my lever arch folders to college every day I decided this year that I would keep my past couple of weeks work in these paper wallets and then transfer them to a bigger folder once I know I won't have to refer back to them in my lessons because this will keep them nice and flat and take up a lot less room in my bag. I got these from TIGER and I got all 3 different colours that they had because then I have one for each subject I do! 
 I am really trying to motivate myself to start revising early this year because I know I'm going to have so many exams at the end of this school year so I bought some more of my favourite pastel revision cards from Amazon because I find that these are the perfect size and they also look a lot nicer than plain white when I stick them all over my room when I'm revising. I keep all of these together by just tying a hairband around them because this will keep them all together and I won't lose any!
 For my lever arch folder I needed to seperate all my different topics so I bought some subject dividers from Wilkinsons because these are so helpful to quickly turn to a particular subject that I need to look at and you can write on the tabs at the side so you know what is in that section. 
 Of course I need a notebook to make all my notes in and I love the Oxford notebooks because the paper is thick which means you can write on both sides without it showing through at all and also these are easy to just tear out and put straight into my folder. 
 Over the summer I have been making sure I buy all the books I will need for my next year (I spent so much money on Amazon for english books!) because I know that I then have everything for when I start back at college and don't have to worry about then ordering it and not having a copy whilst I wait for it in the post. This also means that you can have a look through the books before you start studying them.
I would not be able to get through a year at school without coloured pens! I picked up two packs this year because I love Staedtler coloured pens but then when I saw some pastel coloured ones I couldn't say no to them so I picked both of these up in Wilkinsons because they tend to be a lot cheaper in there than anywhere else! 

I would've included my bag in this post as well but unfortunately I haven't bought a new one for college this year because I haven't found one in a size that I like so I think I'm going to have to carry on using my one from last year even though it is broken! 

I hope you have enjoyed reading this and seeing some of the things I can't live without when I go back to school! Let me know below what year you're going into and when you go/went back!

bethany x

Comments

  1. Nice post! :)
    https://outfitsandmakeupblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/16/layering-tips-for-fall-autumn-lookbook/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment