get ready with me: the vamps concert

Hello again! On Saturday I went to The Vamps concert in London, if you aren't aware The Vamps are one of my favourite bands and I thought I would do a GRWM post. I spent a lot of time planning what to wear and what makeup I was going to do because I had a VIP ticket meaning that I got to meet the boys and have my photo with them so I wanted to look nice for that. I am warning you now that this is quite a long blog post but I feel like I just really enjoyed writing this all out so I hope you enjoy it too.

The first step that I took when doing my makeup for this day was to prime my face, because I needed my makeup to last all day (seeing as I was doing my makeup at 9am and was getting home at 1am) so I decided to double prime my face. To start with, I used The Body Shop Instablur as this is my all time favourite primer and I feel that it really helps to keep my makeup on. Once I felt like this had sunk into my skin I then put on the Rimmel Stay Matte primer because I felt like this would help even further to hold my makeup on my face all day.
The next thing I did was put my foundation on and today I decided to use the L'oreal True Match. This is still the old formulation because I haven't yet run out of it as it is ever so slightly too dark in the winter months and too light in the summer months but perfect for when I've started spending some time in the sun so this is why it hasn't been used up. I used more foundation than I normally would because I wanted a full coverage look and wanted it to last.
Once I had blended my foundation in I then put concealer under my eyes and on any problem areas that my skin is having. My favourite concealer at the moment is the LA Girl Pro Concealer, I bought this off Amazon and it is such a good value concealer for what it is, I haven't ever found a concealer that I prefer to this because it's honestly amazing.
I then went ahead and powdered my face with my Rimmel Stay Matte because this has always been my favourite powder but if you know of any other really good powders then let me know because I'd love to try some other ones.
Next it was time for me to sort my brows out, I have experimented with so many different brow products over time but I decided today that I would go for ones which I knew would stay on and these were a mixture of the Maybelline Brow Satin which I have talked about before on my blog and then to help keep my brows in place I then went over this with my Maybelline Brow Drama so this would keep them all in place.
Once my brows had been sorted I then primed my eyelids with my Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. I don't have the actual product of this, I have the sample sizes that come with the Naked palettes but I find that these last so long. I just put this on my eyelids and rubbed that in so it would make my eyeshadow more vibrant and help to keep it in place and avoid it creasing. 
Once I had done this I took my Naked 1 palette and created an eye look that I have done before because I knew this looked nice and knew I wouldn't have to worry about it going wrong. I used the shade Sin in my inner lid and also brought this (mixed with a bit of Virgin) onto my tear ducts. I blended this out into Sidecar onto my mid lid and then used a mix of Darkhorse and Hustle for the outer corner and the crease. I think this makes such a beautiful looking eye and can be used for many types of occasion (I used a similar one for my prom makeup last year). 
The next part of my eye look was eyeliner and I have started doing eyeliner more frequently recently because I am determined to be able to get it right without having to redo it many times. The eyeliner that I use is the L'oreal Superliner Perfect Slim. I find this eyeliner so easy to use because it has the felt tip style nib and is really thin so you can easily use it for a thin line or build it up for a thicker one. I've been using this for years now so I can definitely say that I would recommend this. 
To finish off my eye look I took the Benefit Roller Lash mascara as I find this is the only mascara that seems to really hold the curl in my lashes which is very important for me because I naturally have very flat lashes. I curl my lashes every day so as normal I curled them and then applied 2 coats of this mascara.
After that I moved onto my contour, for this I used my Sleek Face Form palette and I only used the contour shade because I wanted to use other highlight and blush products that I preferred. However, the contour shade from this palette is one of my favourites and it is a darker toned contour than my others so I tend to use if more for occasions rather than on an everyday basis where I want my contour to be more subtle. 
For my highlight I used the Benefit High Beam which is my favourite highlight out of my collection. However I only have the sample size of this so I use it sparingly only on special occasions and use a cheaper highlight on an everyday basis. I find it really easy to control where I highlight with this because you apply the product with a small brush in the lid so you can put it exactly where you want without having any fall out like you sometimes might with a powder product. 
I then took my Mac blush in Desert Rose which is my favourite blush that I own. I tend to use this more in the winter months and some of my lighter blushes in the warmer months but this is my best blush and I knew that it would last all day.
To finish off my makeup look I used my Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy. I didn't want to go too dramatic on my lips because I wanted to be able to reapply it throughout the day and I couldn't guarantee that I would always have the time to fully line and fill my lips if I was using a darker shade so I considered this to be a safe bet and Velvet Teddy is one of my (along with many other people) favourite lipstick shades. I do need to purchase a lip liner that suits this colour because every time I have gone to get one in Mac they have been out of stock so if anyone knows any other ones that go well with this then please let me know. 
For my hair I simply straightened it even though my hair is already straight but I just wanted it to have that extra sheen to it and look nicer in my photo rather than if I left it natural. 
Finally, moving onto my outfit I wore my denim skirt from New Look and a black halter neck top from Select. This is one of my favourite outfits and I thought it would be perfect to wear on this day.

I hope you have enjoyed this blog post and also enjoyed looking through some of the photos that I got from the concert. I would've included my photo that I had with the boys but unfortunately I haven't received it from the company yet so I will be posting that on social media once I get it so be sure to follow me on there!

bethany x

Comments