current makeup faves

I feel like for a while now my blog has been lacking in makeup posts and recently this has been something that I've really got back into reading myself! As it has recently been Christmas as well I have discovered a whole load of new makeup products and have been trying them out since which is why I thought I would share my current favourite products with you!
A new product which I received over Christmas which I am completely in love with is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer. I have never used a concealer which has such incredible coverage as this does! I first used my friends a few months ago when I had a black eye and it completely covered this up and I knew from then on that I needed to get my own! This is so brightening and will stay on all day long which is something I absolutely love! 
Another thing which I have been loving is these range of NYX lip colours. Once again my friend introduced me to the gloss colour and then one of my other friends got me some new colours of the matte creams which I have been loving. I love how easy these are to wear and they make such a good alternative to the normal MAC lipsticks that I wear. Yes, these don't have the best-staying power but for £5.50 I don't mind having to top up on these throughout the day!
Something you may have noticed me using a lot if you follow me on Instagram is the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette which I received a few months ago for my birthday. I had been wanting this palette for such a long time and I have been loving trying out new looks and using the colours in this palette. I absolutely love Too Faced eyeshadows and think they are some of the softest shadows to blend but with amazing pigmentation. I still am yet to use some of the more purple colours in this palette but I'm sure I will venture into these at some point!
A makeup product that has surprised me with how much I liked it is this No7 eyeliner. I tend to always have two eyeliners, my Kat Von D one for going out and then a cheaper drugstore one for everyday use. My mum actually gave me this eyeliner which she got in her No7 advent calendar and knew she wouldn't use it, I didn't know how much use I'd get from it either as I have always used felt tip style eyeliners rather than having a stick form. However, I have surprisingly found this fairly easy to use and the end on this makes it so easy to either create a thin or thick line which is something really important to me when trying out an eyeliner. 

That is it for my current makeup favourites but I thought I would share these with you in case you were looking for any new makeup products to try. I feel like I have a fairly good range of what products I included in this list as well. I know I haven't started the year in the best way for wanting to post more but I have had all my deadline dates for the end of my first semester at university this month so have been very preoccupied with those assignments for the past few weeks. Now that I have a little bit of spare time before semester 2 starts though I am trying to plan a few blog posts so that I can continue to post whilst I get used to a routine again. I hope you have enjoyed this post though and if you have any new makeup products that you've been loving I would love for you to leave them in a comment below so I can also try out some new products!

bethany x

Comments