what i got for my 20th birthday

Recently I celebrated my 20th birthday. I can't believe I'm no longer a teenager! It's taken me a while but I know how much people enjoy seeing what I got for my birthday posts so I still wanted to post this. I have been planning to do it since my birthday but with uni I have found it difficult to actually get photos taken and write the post but as I have said, I am trying to get more into blogging among my uni work. I would also like to say that I am not bragging in any way and am so thankful for everything that I received as I felt so loved and happy this birthday!
I thought I would start off with what my parents got me. They didn't get me too much this year as they weren't with me because I was at uni but one thing that they did send to me was this beautiful teddy bear coat in a dusky pink color. I love this so much and have been wanting a teddy bear coat for such a long time now. They did also send me some money to spend on whatever I wanted and to spend on my birthday night out with my flat. 
From my boyfriend I got the Too Faced Sweet Peach palette which is something I've been wanting for so long as well! I am so so happy with this and the colours in it are so pretty. I feel like I haven't got new eyeshadow in the longest time so I loved receiving this, especially as I wasn't expecting it at all!
Also from my boyfriend I got some more Real Techniques sponges as I always need these because mine always get stained and disgusting and I find that these are so nice for the price! This is something that my boyfriend always tends to get me because he knows that I am always complaining about how dirty mine are! 
The last thing my boyfriend got me was this beautiful leatherbound version of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I love these books so much as they are so pretty but they cost a lot so I never tend to buy them for myself so he treated me to this beautiful one which I'm so excited to read at some point!
Another book I received was The Raven Boys from one of my closest friends. We always buy each other books for our birthdays and she has been wanting me to read this for ages now so got me this so that I could finally read it without the excuse of having to buy it! I am really excited to get round to reading this when I'm not overwhelmed with reading for university!
My sister also decided to get me something book related this year, so gave me a voucher for Waterstones because she had no idea what books I did or didn't have. I am definitely going to be going in soon and picking something up with this voucher as I love getting a new book to add to the massive collection of books I need to read.
One of my other friends got me some new eyelashes as she is the person I always go to when I need new eyelashes to try and also the person I go to fix my eyelashes on a night out! She got me these beautiful limited edition ones and although they are a lot longer than I would normally wear I have already worn them once and absolutely love them! 
One of my closest friends got me a few little things starting with this mug of Hedwig. We are both massive Harry Potter fans and she just thought this would be a really funny present to give to me! This is definitely going in my flat kitchen ready for my cups of tea!
The next present she got me were these beautiful little hoops with circle decoration on them. These are so delicate and she knows I have recently got in to wearing hoops so don't like anything too big so these are perfect for me!
Another funny little present that she got me was this drinking games book because my flat at university love to play drinking games before a night out and this gives us so many new ones to try out and see if we can figure out the rules! 
Finally, my flat put some money together to buy me a bottle of raspberry vodka (which I'm sure they'll end up having some of!). I am so happy with this because I am lucky that I have such lovely flatmates.

I did recieve a bit of money from some other family members which has gone on a few little things but I didn't think I'd include them in this as they weren't technically presents. I hope you have enjoyed this post anyway and like seeing what I got for my birthday this year! Sorry this took a while to go up and I am hoping to plan in more time to write blog posts now that I'm more settled in to uni.

bethany x

Comments