1st year of uni haul

If you weren't aware, I am starting my first year of university this month and as this is the first time I ever would've lived away from home there is a lot that I needed to buy! A few of you said you wanted to see a haul of what I'd bought so I thought I would upload this to help anyone else starting university.
Some of the first things that I got were kitchen supplies. I knew roughly what sort of things I would be needing so I thought I would just make a list for you of what I purchased and where I got these things from. 
Cutlery set - £2.50 from Wilko
Cheese grater - £3 from Tiger
Can opener - £3 from Tiger
Pizza slicer - £3 from Tiger
Wooden spoon - 40p from Wilko
Wooden spatula - 35p from Asda
1 big knife and 1 small knife - £1 each from The Range
Potato masher - £2.99 from The Range
Spoon - £1.50 from Asda
Oven gloves - £5 from The Range
3 pack chopping boards (small, medium & large) - £3 from Asda
Food containers - £1 each from The Range
Baking tray - £1 from Wilko
Colander - £2.99 from The Range
Frying pan - £2.75 from Tesco
Measuring jug - 35p from Wilko
Baking dish - £3.99 from The Range
Glass bowl - £1.50 from Asda
Microwavable soup mug - £1 from Asda
Glasses - 50p each from Wilko
Wine glasses - 50p each from Wilko
Mug - £1.99 from The Range
Plates - £1.75 each from Asda
Bowl - £3 from Asda
1 big saucepan and 1 medium saucepan - £3.50 & £2.50 from Wilko
Kitchen Scissors - £3 from Wilko
Vegetable Peeler - 60p from Wilko
Tongs - £2.50 from Wilko

I am also going to have an en-suite room at university so I needed to buy some things for my bathroom. This is excluding any sort of cleaning products or toiletries that will be going in my bathroom. 
Body towel - £11 from Primark
Hand towel - £4 from Primark
Bath mat - £6 from Primark
Over door hooks - £2 from Primark
2 flannels - 60p from Asda
Toothbrush pot - £1 from Asda
Bin - £5 from Tesco 
Toilet brush - 75p from Asda
Bucket - £2 from Asda

Finally I got things in general for my room. As I am unsure what sort of space I am going to have, I didn't want to get too much and I am fortunate that I am moving to Southampton so there is an IKEA there should I find that I need other things. 
Bed sheets - £4.50 from Primark
Pillow cases - £1.70 from Primark
Mattress protector - £4 from Primark
Coasters (to prevent spillages on my desk) - £2 from The Range
Push pins - £1 from Tiger
Whiteboard - £2.50 from Tesco
Dustpan & brush - £1 from Wilko
Bedding - £10 from Asda
Lamp - £5 from Wilko
Duvet - £4 from Asda
Over door mirror - £10.99 from The Range
Storage boxes - £3 each from The Range
Clothes airer - £9.99 from Robert Dyas

I am yet to buy all of my stationery and of course I am also bringing a lot of my decorative things from my room at home such as plants and photo frames. Unfortunately I'm not allowed candles as I am living in halls for my first year so I am going to have to get a reed diffuser as I love having some sort of scent in my room. I am also taking my fairy lights with my from home but I am only allowed battery powered fairy lights so you might want to keep this in mind if you are moving into halls. 

I know this is a bit more of a simple haul for me but I thought this might really help some people to know what to bring with them to university so I hope you have enjoyed this. I am also planning on doing some more posts about university over my first year. Also if you can think of anything that I have forgotten to get then please let me know! 

bethany x

Comments