get ready with me: disney edition

As you may know, I recently went to Paris and spent a couple of days in Disneyland which was absolutely incredible. I went to Disneyworld when I was 6 and didn't really remember much of it so it was great to be able to go back to Disney and relive all the magic. I am now sure that I will be going back to Disneyworld at some point because there is no way I am waiting 12 years again!! I thought that I would share with you how I got ready for my time at Disney for if any of you are going and looking for some inspiration.
For my makeup, I wanted something that was going to stay on my face all day so I started with my MAC Prep and Prime SPF Protect as this would prime my face and also keep me protected from the sun. I have been loving this in these sunnier months because it is SPF 50 so I know that my skin is being protected and also that it will help my makeup to stay on throughout the day. I only have the sample size but I might look into something that is a bit cheaper for when this runs out (it has actually lasted me quite a while!)
I then went in with my colour correcting concealer which is from Barry M and I got this fairly recently to try and hide some of the redness on my face. This is only £4.49 and is the first colour correcting product that I have tried but I am really liking it! I will definitely put up a full review of this product if you want to see that!
After that I go in with my normal foundation and concealer, my favourite foundation is the L'oreal True Match because I always find that this works really well for me and the coverage is really good. I have never tried any high-end foundations so this is the one that I always go back to. I also recently got the NYX concealer which is only £6 and so far I am absolutely loving this because it's really good coverage but doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. As usual, I finish off my base makeup with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder as this is my favourite powder.
I then went in with my normal contour which is from the Sleek Face Form Palette and contoured my face before highlighting with the Mary Lou Manizer from The Balm which is my favourite highlighter that I've ever used!
I also used my MAC blush in the shade Desert Rose because this is one of my favourite blushes and I know that it will last all day.
Once I'd finished my base makeup I went in to do my eyebrows. As always I used my NYX Brow Pomade to fill in my brows and then went over with the Maybelline Brow Drama to help hold them in place throughout the day, especially as I knew it would be a long day.
I then moved on to eyeshadow, and as I was in Paris I hadn't taken too much makeup with me so I mainly only took my Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and I went in with the shade Salted Caramel all over my lid and then went with Milk Chocolate through my crease to add some more definition. As I was headed to Disney obviously I wanted to add some sparkle to eyes so put the shade Marzipan in the centre of my lid and used my MAC Fix+ to make the pigment of this come out even more. I really liked this eye look as it was quite simple but as these eyeshadows are so pigmented it still created a really nice look that I knew would last the entire day. I also went back in with the Mary Lou Manizer to put in my inner corner to add even more brightness to my eye look.
A few days before going to Disneyland I had ventured into Sephora and finally picked up the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner! I had heard so many good things about this and had wanted to try it for ages so finally got it so of course for the rest of the holiday I was wearing this. I am so so pleased with this as when we were going on rides at Disney, my eyes were watering quite a bit and my eyeliner didn't smudge at all! I also found this a lot easier to put on than any other eyeliner than I've ever tried.
After my eyeliner, I went in with my eyelash curlers and then my Benefit Roller Lash as normal.
Of course I then finished my makeup off with my Velvet Teddy lipstick from MAC which has almost run out as it is my absolute favourite shade.
For my hair, I wanted something quick and easy as we had to leave early in the morning to get to Disneyland so I just straightened my hair and left it at that. Of course though once I arrived at Disneyland I bought some classic Minnie Mouse ears and wore them for the rest of the time we were there. These were one of the things that I had really wanted to get from Disney and I'm so happy that I did as I feel they just made any photos look really cute. 

I also went with a Disney theme for my outfit so went with a red t-shirt from Primark, which has a lace up/cross effect on the front, and tucked this into my black denim skirt from New Look because I thought this was a really nice outfit. I then just put on my white trainers and was using my silver backpack which I got from Accessorize and I love it so much.

That is it for my get ready with me but I am hoping to upload my Paris travel diary once I have edited all my images and put my vlog together, so keep an eye out for that! 

bethany x

Comments