what i got for my 18th birthday!!

I cannot believe that I am now 18! I turned 18 last week and I posted a photo on instagram and got so many questions asking if there would be a blog post so of course I am uploading it! I am so so grateful for everything that I have received because it's crazy how much I have got!

The first thing that I got from my boyfriend was a z palette and I have been wanting one of these for so long! He bought me it in this lovely blue colour which is so pretty and I can't wait to start putting some more products in this.
To go with the z palette that he got me, my boyfriend also got me 2 Makeup Geek eyeshadows. He got me Burlesque which was a really nice purple/burgandy colour and then also Cosmopolitan which is a sort of pinky/coral colour. These are both shimmer eyeshadows and I really need to experiment with the burgundy colour more because I need to brave out with my eye looks a bit more.  I will definitely be investing in some more Makeup Geek eyeshadows so let me know what shades you would recommend and also if you want to see a makeup look with some of these.
The last thing my boyfriend got me was this set of Thorntons truffles that say 'Happy 18th, I love you' and I just thought this was such a lovely gift and the chocolates were so nice.
My parents bought me a set of driving lessons which is a lot of money so I wasn't expecting anything else from them yet they still got me this lovely rose gold watch that I have been looking at for so long! I even went in to buy it at one point and it turns out my mum had bought the last one! I still need to get some of the links removed but I can't wait to start wearing it.
Because I was having a party for my 18th birthday, my parents also bought me this letter light box and I have wanted one of these for so long because I just think they look so cute and there was no way I was expecting one of these and I thought it looked so cute with this message my mum put on it. I believe this came with 85 letters and numbers so it's really easy to create some cute messages with it.
My parents also paid for me to have acrylics for my birthday and I have missed having them so much so they thought they'd treat me to having them done again and this also gave my mum an excuse to have hers done as well so that was also a really nice thing for them to do. The only trouble now is that I am going to have to somehow afford to keep them or have them removed again which is going to be so sad.
A present that I bought for myself is a new MAC lipstick because I really wanted a new one to wear for my party but unfortunately it didn't actually arrive on time (thanks Debenhams). I got the lipstick in the shade Stone which is a colour that is a bit more daring for me and I'm going to have to try this out a few times before I will feel confident enough to actually wear it out.
My best friend surprised me so much by getting me the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette which I never would've expected from her! I was so so happy about getting this when she gave it to me and I am so in love with the colours in it so expect to see some new makeup looks using this because it's very quickly become one of my favourite palettes. 
Another thing that my friend got me was these two tiny makeup sponges for blending out concealer under your eyes and I just thought these were so cute! These are quite difficult to use because they are so small and I am so used to blending my concealer out with a brush so I am getting used to using these!
She also got me this adorable notebook because everyone close to me knows how much I have an obsession with notebooks and this one is just so cute so I will need to find a use for this one which will most likely be something like writing down some ideas for blog posts and also some other things. Also, me and my friend always buy each other notebooks because we just think it's a perfect small little present and they always come in use.
The last thing that my best friend got me was this cute little decoration which says 'smile and the world smiles with you' and I have already hung this up in my room because it is such a cute quote and also such lovely colours, especially in my room which is mostly white/cream colours. 
From my best friend's parents I got a few nail varnishes because they are pretty much my second parents and I thought it was so cute that they wanted to give me a little something as well and I love all of these colours so much and will definitely be painting my nails with them soon!
From another friend I also got some magic stars because they are my all time favourite chocolate so I always receive some from someone at any birthday or Christmas so I ate these super quickly!
My sister bought me this cute little activity notebook called '642 things to write about' which is a really good way of becoming a bit more creative and I think it also looks really nice sat on my desk! I don't get to see my sister much because she is at university but we have decided that we're going to go out for cocktails or something whenever she is next home so that will be a really nice thing to do as well.
Once again I was completely shocked by this but I was lucky enough to receive ANOTHER Too Faced palette, this one is the Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palette and I am just as much in love with this one as I am with the original one. I got this off my aunt and I was so so grateful for this because this is another palette that I have been wanting for so long! Let me know if you want to see any makeup looks using this palette as well!
The last actual present that I got was from my aunt and uncle who got me 2 Disney DVD's which luckily are both ones that I wanted! I haven't watched Dumbo in years so I'm so glad that I finally have it on DVD so I can watch it again! My aunt and uncle are really big Disney fans so that's why they tend to get me Disney related things.

I did also receive quite a bit of alcohol seeing as it was my 18th birthday but this all got drunk at my party and I also received some money and gift vouchers so this was really nice as well! I feel so spoilt and I am so so grateful for everything that I received and also for everyone who helped me have such a great time!

bethany x
SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments