prom get ready with me 2015

Hey everyone, sorry this is a little bit late and I'm sure most of you have had your proms by now and if you have then I hope you all had amazing times! I went to 2 proms this year, one was mine and one was my boyfriends because we go to different schools. I used the same makeup look for both proms and just changed my hair and dress for the different proms. The first dress I had I rented from a shop in my town and then the second dress I bought second hand on eBay for only £14! It's originally from a brand at Topshop and it fitted great so I'm glad about that. I thought I would share how I got ready with you all on here.
A few days before my prom I went to a salon and got acrylic nails put on so my nails actually looked nice for my prom. These are so much better than getting fake nails, they do cost more but they last so much longer - I went 2 weeks before needing to be re-filled.



















On the day of my prom I got my hair done at the hairdressers and it looked so nice with some plaits going round the back of my head. The second prom I went to my friend came round and curled my hair for me and I just left it down for that prom.
For my makeup the first thing I did was use a primer and the one I was using was The Body Shop InstaBlur, this is my favourite primer because it really does help my makeup stay on for a lot longer than if I wasn't using this. I prefer this to my Maybelline Baby Skin so much. 
The foundation I was using for my prom makeup was the Loreal True Match and I wanted to try this for my prom makeup because I'd heard so many great things about it and I'd been wanting to try this for so long and I thought prom was a good justification to spend £10 on it. I blended this into my face with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. 
The next thing I used was the Maybelline Fit Me concealer because this is my favourite concealer ever, it's really good coverage without looking cakey. This also is good at highlighting my under eyes. I use both the Expert Face Brush and the Pointed Foundation Brush, both by Real Techniques. 
The only powder I really use is the Rimmel Stay Matte and as you can see this one is running out quite quickly. Why does it always take so long for products to hit pan but once they do they just seem to disappear. I'm thinking of trying another powder instead of repurchasing this one because there's so many other powders that I've heard good things about but I think this one might stick as one of my favourites. I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush with my powder and I really want to buy one of their Powder Brushes because they're so fluffy and I know I will prefer it to using the one I use currently.
For my eyebrows I use the shade Buck from my Naked Palette because this is such a good shade for my eyebrows. I use the Real Techniques Brow Brush and then I set them in place with the Maybelline Brow Drama, this product keeps my brows in place which is very important for a prom makeup look.
I wanted my eye makeup to stay in place all night so before starting my eyeshadow I used the Urban Decay eye primer in the shade Eden. You only need to use the tiniest amount of this to cover your whole eyelid and this comes as a free sample with the Naked Palettes so it's a great chance to try them.
I then started applying eyeshadows from my Urban Decay Naked Palette which I bought specifically for prom but I had been wanting it for a long time. 
This is the eye makeup look I was basing mine off and it definitely didn't turn out this good but I was still glad with how it turned out. 
I also used my Loreal Super Liner to create a thin line for my eyeliner. I don't tend to wear eyeliner very often but because this was prom I thought it was a special enough occasion to wear it.
To then line my eye I used the Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Pencil, I lined my eye with this just to make it a little more dramatic and make my eyes stand out even more. 
I then curled my eyelashes because my eyelashes tend to grow flat so I have to curl my lashes every single day. I was going to wear false eyelashes but they looked quite ridiculous on me so I decided not to wear them.
I then used 2 different types of mascaras, the first one I used was the Benefit Roller Lash and then I use the Loreal Voluminous Mascara on top of that. The packaging of this mascara is different to what it looks like in shops because I bought this a while ago in America. These two mascaras together look so good.
To highlight I use Benefit High Beam and this is the most beautiful highlight ever, it is my favourite highlighter and I don't know what I used to do before I had it.
To contour I use the contour from my Sleek Face Form Palette and this is the only contour I ever seem to use because it's still quite a natural contour and to apply this I use the Real Techniques contour brush. Most of the brushes I use for my makeup are Real Techniques brushes because these are good value and they are amazing brushes. I also use the blush from this palette which is the Sleek Rose Gold blush and it's one of my favourite blushes ever.
The lipstick I was using for prom was Mac Velvet Teddy and this is one of my favourite ever lipsticks. As I'm sure a lot of people will agree this is a lovely colour and will pretty much suite anyone.

I hope you have all enjoyed this and if you've had prom this year I hope you've had an excellent time and if you still have yours to come then I'm sure you'll have a great time! 

lots of love
bethany x

Comments