beauty haul

What a better blog post to start this blog off again than a haul! This is all been collected over about a month and most of it has been bought because I'm doing my own makeup for my prom which is on Friday so I wanted to get some new makeup for that. I am not trying to brag at all by saying any of what I got but I know how popular hauls are and how much I enjoy seeing what people have bought.
 One of the first items I got was the Naked palette from Urban Decay. I have been wanting one of their palettes for so long because I've heard so many great things about them and I was choosing between the Naked 1 and the Naked 2 and in the end I went for the first one due to seeing a eye look on Pinterest using this palette that I would like to try for prom. The colours in this palette are so beautiful and I know I will use them so much, I think Naked, Sidecar and Half Baked are my favourites at the moment. I know these palettes are a lot of money but I have been wanting one for so so long and I managed to save up my money and my parents helped me pay the last part of it for congratulating me for finishing my exams. Also, this came with free samples of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion which I've also been dying to try so I might write a review about them at some point when I've tested them all.
 One of the next items I got was a Mac lipstick. I finally got Velvet Teddy. Just like so many other people I've tried to get this shade multiple times and it's always been sold out but I saw it was available on the Debenhams website so I couldn't resist getting this. This is my third Mac lipstick and I can honestly say they are my favourite lipsticks by far! Velvet Teddy is such a lovely shade and even though it's a matte lipstick it doesn't dry my lips out which automatically makes me love it even more. Once again this is a product I will be using for prom which is why I was more willing to spend more money on this item than I usually would in a normal beauty haul.
 When I went out shopping with my mum last weekend she was buying a few things from the No7 counter and it was buy one get one half price on all their makeup items and seeing as my mum was getting a concealer she let me pick something out to get half price, then on top of that she had a £3 off voucher on makeup so I managed to get this beautiful eyeshadow for only 50p!! This is in the shade Mink and it's a silvery pink shade and I've been wearing it so much since I got it. No7 have some really good eyeshadow colours and I'd never really looked at any before because I sometimes think of No7 as a bit out of my price range but you should definitely go and check some of them out because they quite often have offers on and have some great products.
 My favourite concealer is the Maybelline Fit Me and my one was running out so I went into Boots to pick up another one but they didn't have my normal shade which is 15 but they did have shade 10 and when I tested it, it looked like it would still be okay so I bought this shade instead and although it's meant to be the lighter shade I've found that personally I think it's more orangey toned than shade 15 so I might end up having to pick up my normal shade as well and use this one when I've got more of a tan.
 My eyelashes are one of the things I hate most because they naturally grow downwards and I didn't want this to show in my pictures from prom so I picked up these false eyelashes from Eylure, these are so nice and they're not too dramatic but the company have such a wide variety of different types of eyelashes and they're fairly cheap so if you were looking for natural looking eyelashes or slightly more dramatic ones you should definitely go and check out Eylure because I've heard so many great things about this brand and I can't wait to try these out.
 I wanted to try a new foundation for prom and after looking around and reading endless amounts of reviews about different foundations I ended up getting the Loreal True Match foundation. I haven't yet tried this but I've heard lots of good things about it and I'm sure I will let you know how I got on with it once I've tried it out. 
 I went into Body Shop to get 1 item and spotted a 3 for 2 offer on all makeup and skincare so I couldn't resist picking up 3 things that I have had my eye on for a while. Body Shop quite often have offers on and they are definitely worth going in and checking out every now and then because I personally love their makeup products so much and their body products and skincare are also really good.
The product I originally went into Body Shop for was this Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion which is meant to improve the appearance of blemish damaged skin. I've ended up with quite red marks from blemishes and I have naturally quite red skin which makes me feel quite conscious when I've not got at least a little bit of coverage on my face so this product screamed out at me when I first saw it. Since using it I can say that I have noticed the normal redness of my face has seemed to go down a little bit and I'm sure it will even more over the time of using this. If you'd like for me to do a full review of this once I've used it for a little longer then please let me know and I will definitely do that. 
 The next skincare product I got was this Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash because a lot of face washes I currently have seem to irritate my face and cause my skin to feel like it's burning which definitely isn't a good thing. This happens with a lot of washes I have used before and a kind lady in Body Shop suggested me trying this Vitamin E one when I was looking for creamy washes. So far it's been a lot better than any other facial washes I've tried and I will continue to use this.
Lastly from the Body Shop I got InstaBlur which I have once again wanted to try for so long! My Baby Skin primer has started running out so I was going to get a new one of them anyway but when I saw the offer on in Body Shop I definitely wanted to get this, since using it I can say it's so much better than Baby Skin and although I wasn't sure about the consistency of it at first I've ended up loving it. This helps my makeup stay on for so long and it is definitely worth the money you pay for it so definitely try this if you are looking for a new primer. 
 Firstly, sorry that the next few photos are worse quality, I forgot to include these things when I was taking all the photos so quickly took them on my iPhone whilst I was writing this blogpost. Anyway, I was in Boots and there was an offer on Aussie products and I got these two Beach Mate Shampoo and Conditioner for when I go on holiday because I will be at the beach most of the time so my hair will need to have a lot of moisture put back into it. I love the smell of Aussie products so much they are so nice and they are also great products as well.
I also picked up a new moisturiser and I saw this Dove one which has a shimmer effect, I thought that it might be quite nice for summer and make my pale legs at least look a little nicer. However I didn't expect it to be as shimmery as it is, it's only noticeable how shimmery it is in the sun but it is very golden and shimmery which probably looks quite nice when you have a tan but it is just a lot more shimmery than I expected it to be. It is a very good moisturiser though and it smells very nice so I will still continue to use it and I'm sure it will look nice once I have tanned more. 

I hope you have enjoyed reading this haul and it's made me realise I have bought quite a lot recently which has definitely caused some damage to my bank. I am trying to plan out my blogposts so I keep up to date with posting them, I am aiming to do at least once a week but I might sometimes do more than that because I don't really have a lot planned for the summer.

lots of love
bethany x

Comments